Every Sunday is someone’s first Sunday.
Our mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by welcoming, informing, and serving our guests. Through our actions and interactions with our guests, we display the love of Jesus and introduce them to a church that unchurched people love to attend.
Our Environment Is:
- The temperature is pleasing.
- The building is safe and secure.
- The furniture is useful and the seating is comfortable.
- We provide restroom extras (e.g., good-smelling lotions and soap, personal products for women, and Scope® with cups for men).
- Every environment smells clean and fresh.
- All areas are neat and in order (e.g., extra boxes out of sight, pens and handouts in nice containers).
- Facility is spotless with floors, glass, and surfaces all white-glove approved. Think surgically clean!
- Trash cans are visible and emptied regularly.
- All volunteers constantly scan the floors for trash.
- Directional signage is effective and visible. Every area is clearly marked (e.g., Information Center, Restrooms).
- Volunteers provide clear directions and valuable information about all environments of the church and can direct guests to exactly where they need to go.
- Volunteers know transition details in order to maintain a smooth flow of service as guests arrive in the Auditorium (e.g., seating area changes as the Auditorium fills up).
Our Volunteers Are:
- They are consistent with attendance and arrive prepared to serve.
- All positions are filled to the point that it allows the flexibility for volunteers to leave their positions to serve guests above and beyond.
- Volunteers provide the “WOW” welcome! We want to always exceed the expectations of our guests with hospitality overload.
- With actions! All volunteers are welcoming. They smile, make eye contact, and serve with passion, excitement, and anticipation of what God is going to do through them.
- They provide excellence in every action—provide intentional acts of service; look for ways to “WOW” guests (e.g., if guest is coughing, get him water).
- They provide excellence in every interaction—initiate the “Hello,” and walk guests who need directions; call guests by name when possible.