October was a GREAT month in Waumba Land.
Super Kids was the theme.
Teaching preschoolers that they can count on God was the purpose.
Implementing a fun theme from time to time, is a great idea!
Our favorite things about Super Kids:
1. Our staff and volunteers were excited to do something new. It’s fun to shake things up every once in a while . . . to add something . . . to create. Creating and designing around this theme was fun for our teams!
2. Our preschoolers were ENGAGED! They loved this theme! What 3 or 4 year old doesn’t like a good superhero? Kids learned the names of their favorite hero, smiled when they saw them flying through the hallway, and yelled with excitement as the host told of their great adventures.
3. Our kids learned a really important verse! We added some crazy motions and really made the memory verse a big part of our month. We were amazed at how many kids learned their verse.
Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid . . . for God is with you. Deuteronomy 31:6
4. Parents really connected to what their kids were learning. We sent home a coloring book on the first two Sundays of October. We heard so much feedback about that piece. We even had quite a few parents send in video of their kids learning their verse. This theme allowed us to catch the attention of parents in a new way.
5. We drew attention to Waumba Land. Anytime you can make kids, volunteers, parents, and attendees more aware of your environment the better. Not because we want the attention. But because we want our attendees to feel great talking about our preschool environment to EVERYONE they invite.
The very BEST thing about Super Kids? The Message! They heard the stories of Joshua and Jericho, Rahab and the Spies, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, and Esther. Rich, powerful stories of people who trusted God . . . people who turned to God and counted on him.
They learned that our God is BIGGER and STRONGER and the ONE TRUE GOD!
We taught them that they can always count on God!